A good classroom dynamic is key to a successful teaching environment. When students get to know each other in fun ways, it can help create an atmosphere where students engage and learn with each other based on deeper personal connections.
During the first weeks of school, Ms. Washington uses “Guess Who?” quiz, using Socrative’s Short Answer feature to help students become familiar with each other in unique ways.
Here are the questions she asks:
- If you could be granted one wish, what would it be and why?
- What place would you definitely like to visit?
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world who would it be and why?
- What is the greatest thing you have ever done?
- What was the scariest moment of your life?
- What is the best book you have ever read?
After each question, in Teacher Paced mode, Ms. Washington projects the responses on the board, and has students guess who said what. This is great for new students in the class, or even for best friends to learn something new about each other!
Ms. Washington creates a more cohesive classroom that will help her with teaching throughout the year.