Space Races are fun, engaging activities that foster friendly competition in the classroom. But why limit it to just your classroom?
A Space Race against other classes within your school?
A Space Race against classes in the US?
A Space race against classes all over the world?
It’s quite simple! Here’s how:
- Identify your competition and pick a date and time for the showdown.
Tip: Find other teachers within your PLN to Race.
- Co-construct an assessment and create it in Socrative.
Tip: Enable sharing so each teacher can also import a copy using a SOC#.
- Choose a screen sharing site.
Tip: Google Hangouts and Skype work great!
- Login in to your Socrative Account and the screen sharing site.
- Share your Socrative room number and screen sharing link.
Tip: All classrooms can now view your Socrative screen in their own schools!
- Have classrooms login in with 1 or more devices.
Tip: 20 possible rockets across all classrooms.
- Select ‘Space Race’, ‘Quiz’ and the number of teams.
Tip: Choose a time limit if you want the furthest to win and not the fastest.
Tip: Take a final screenshot, post it to Twitter, email the report to your colleagues, and/or project it live on the screen!